Saturday, August 5, 2023

The Planet Stablemates Project, Part 1: I'm Back!

Hi Magicians!

Yikes, I've been gone for a looooong time. The last couple of years have been really busy.  I'm studying aerospace engineering and was finishing up my Bachelor's degree last year.  This year was even crazier because I've moved abroad for two Master's degrees. So I'm currently in Scotland, and my access to anything Breyer is extremely limited!  Needles to say, I have had almost no time for art, and certainly not enough time to get into my favorite sorts of super-involved customs and restoration projects.

That's not gonna stop me, though!  I've got a bit of time, so I'm going to try and get back to posting as often as I can.  I really miss this, and model horses are still a huge passion for me, so don't worry...I'm not going anywhere!

I've put a few videos up on my channel, but I'd like to take this post to announce the project that I'll be working on for the next few posts.  I've decided to call it the Planet Stablemates Project.

Here's the basic idea: since I'll be getting an MSc in Astronautics and Space Engineering next year, I thought it would be cool to paint a series of custom Stablemates inspired by our solar system!  So, one for each planet.  Plus a foal for the Moon, and a foal for Pluto (sorry, Pluto...you'll always be a full-size planet in our hearts, though.)

The coloration of each of the planets is so beautiful.  I've done some research and was actually able to find some real horse colors that match each of the planets quite well!  So I've planned out the series by first deciding which coat color each of the planet horses will have...

Planet Stablemates Project: The Colors

Mercury: Rose Grey

(Images: Mercury and Rose Grey Horse)


Venus: Fire Chestnut Appaloosa

(Images: Venus and Chestnut Appaloosa Horse)


Earth: Steely Dapple Grey Pinto

(Images: Earth and Steely Dapple Grey Horse)


Earth's Moon: Dapple Grey Foal


(Images: Earth's Moon and Dapple Grey Foal)


Mars: Fire Chestnut Chimera (Mosaic)


Jupiter: Bay Silver Dapple


(Images: Jupiter, Bay Silver Dapple Horse)


Saturn: Splashed White Cremello pinto

(Images: Saturn, Splashed White Cremello Pinto Horse)


Uranus: Blue Roan Pinto

(Images: Uranus, Blue Roan Pinto Horse)


Neptune: Blue Taffy

(Images: Neptune, Blue Taffy Horse)


Pluto (Dwarf Planet): Liver Bay Few-Spot Appaloosa Foal

(Images: Pluto, Liver Bay Few-Spot Appaloosa Horse)


Planet Stablemates Project: The Models

Unfortunately, I can't order direct from Breyer here in Scotland.  And, since Breyer isn't popular over here in the UK, I also don't have many options on eBay or Vinted.  Amazon only had two painting kits available (Fantasy Horses Paint & Play and Colorful Breeds Paint & Play), so I bought both.  Serendipitously, the number of horses in both kits combined is PERFECT to complete the project.  So, I've also decided which of the molds each of the planets will be on (All images from Identify Your Breyer):


Mercury: G3 Walking Arabian (From Fantasy Horses Paint & Play kit)


Venus: G3 Peruvian Paso 
(From Fantasy Horses Paint & Play kit)


Earth: G3 Tennessee Walking Horse 
(From Colorful Breeds Paint & Play kit)


Earth's Moon: G2 scrambling foal (From Fantasy Horses Paint & Play kit)


Mars: G4 Rivet: G4 Andalusian Stallion (From Fantasy Horses Paint & Play kit)


Jupiter: G4 Andalusian Stallion (From Fantasy Horses Paint & Play kit)


Saturn: G2 Andalusian (From Colorful Breeds Paint & Play kit)


Uranus: G3 Rearing Andalusian (From Colorful Breeds Paint & Play kit)


Neptune: G3 Friesian (From Colorful Breeds Paint & Play kit)


Pluto (Dwarf Planet): G3 standing foal (From Colorful Breeds Paint & Play kit)


You can see the video of me unboxing the models and talking about the project here:


As always, feel free to comment below or email me at modelhorsemagic@gmail.com. If you like dolls and doll restoration, my other blog is the New Life Doll Hospital and Miniature Workshop.  And don't forget to check out my YouTube channel, Miniature_Magic, for unboxings, collection tours, DIY tutorials, and more! 

Bye Magicians!


~Miniature_Magic







No comments:

Post a Comment